‘Tis the season for holiday parties and events and we want to remind you of the different options to get around the city safely after late night revelry. Transit, taxis, limousines and rideshare can help you get where you need to go — but each mode requires a little planning.
Taxi, limousine and rideshare:
- Don’t wait in the cold. Know where the nearest taxi stand is located.
- Learn the difference between fares and rates to get the best deal.
- Respect the ride. Know your rights as a passenger and a driver.
- Know your limits. Taxis and limousines can charge you a cleaning fee if a passenger soils a cab from having too much alcohol.
- Find the fastest route with a little planning and get regular updates on transit service.
- Special holidays call for special service. Calgary Transit is once again providing extended service on New Year’s Eve. CTrains and 12 major bus routes will be running until 3 a.m. from downtown.
And remember, the winter weather can cause all sorts of delays, so although your plan may involve traveling from your car into a heated parkade, Frosty the Snowman may have a different plan in store. It’s a good idea to always prepare for inclement weather by ensuring you have warm clothing and winter boots in the car!
Make it to the party. And then make it home. Safety is always in style.
Have a safe and festive holiday season!