We’ve included some quick facts about this update below, but you can find more information about each of the options in our Green Line LRT: Beltline Segment Update.
- On April 11, 2017, City Council approved Administration’s recommendation for the Green Line to be underground in the Beltline from 2 Street S.W. to MacLeod Trail S.E.
- Administration has not yet determined how the Green Line will connect from MacLeod Trail S.E. to the Inglewood/Ramsay station
- Administration is still exploring the MacDonald Avenue S.E. option (MacDonald Ave option) as well as the option that skirts to the north of the Victoria Park Transit Centre (also known as the bus barns or VPTC)
- Administration is now also exploring two additional alignment options:
- Transition to 10 Avenue S Option: this would see the line jog north from the Centre Street station on 12 Avenue S to 10 Avenue S, where it would run parallel to the south side of the CP tracks until it reaches the Inglewood/Ramsay station
- Staged Option: this would allow the Green Line to skirt the Transit Centre until the Centre is re-located, at which time the Green Line tracks would be re-aligned and a station would be built on the former Transit Centre lands
- Cost estimates, including potential land/property costs, for all four options need to be fully understood before Administration can make a recommendation. A targeted cost range for the Beltline to Inglewood/Ramsay segment has been established, and Administration needs to further quantify the capital costs and value to Calgarians of each option.
- Administration will continue to explore these four options, which will include technical analysis and conversations with stakeholders and the communities
- Administration intends to take an official recommendation to City Council in June 2017. If further analysis is required for these options, recommendation timelines for this portion of the Green Line alignment can be modified
- City Council is ultimately responsible for approving the alignment
What Happens Now?
Property owners who may be impacted by either of the new options will receive a letter from The City shortly.
Join us at one of two public drop-in sessions to learn more about the options and to discuss the opportunities and impacts of each:
Thursday, May 4 between 4:00 to 8:00 pm
Alexandra Dancehall – 922 9 Ave SE
Saturday, May 6 between 9:00 am to 1:00 pmLearn more about each of the options and how Administration will make a recommendation.
The Commons - 1206 20 Ave SE