Vancouver Winter Olympics Day 14, Thursday, Feb. 25, 2010
Calgary Winter Olympics Day 14, Friday, Feb. 26, 1988
- There are rumblings that Canada should be able to field its best hockey players in the Olympics - mainly from the National Hockey League.
- Calgary weather hits 19C degrees
- The ski jump placement at Canada Olympic Park is criticised for high winds throughout games
- 16-day schedule is longest of any Olympic Winter Games
- Soviets sweep women's cross country skiing - Canada's best was 27th
- Christine Rossi of France wins freestyle skiing ballet
- Soviets win gold in men's ice hockey, 7-1 over Sweden
- Canada beats West Germany 8-1
- Swiss skier Vreni Schneider wins her second gold medal
Steve Tambellini from Canada takes a hit from Udo Kiessling from the Federal Republic of Germany. However, Canada hit back by winning the game 8-1.
The Soviet biathlon relay team hoisted their teammate into the air to celebrate their gold medal.
Yugoslavian supporters enjoyed a great day at Nakiska as Mateja Svet skied to a silver medal in women’s slalom and the first Olympic medal won by Yugoslavia in a women’s alpine event.
***Images Courtesy of The City of Calgary, Corporate Records, Archives