Vancouver Winter Olympics Day 6, Wednesday, Feb. 17, 2010
Calgary Winter Olympics Day 6, Thursday, Feb. 18, 1988
- Eddie the Eagle is booked on The Tonight Show
- The Finns upset Team Canada 3-1 in mens hockey.
- Brian Orser beats Brian Boitano in the short program, setting up a dream final.
- U.S.S.R dominates mens speed skating, Canadian Gaetan Boucher finishes 5th.
- Marie-Claude makes Canadian history by finishing 7th in womens luge - a Canadian best.
- Strong winds cause big problems at Canada Olympic Park, delaying the 90 metre ski jump for the second straight day.
- Ski jumper flies over snow fence and lands on ABC TV camera man, sending him to hospital.
- Jamaican bobsled team's popularity grows - John Candy's brain churns.
Irina Koussakina from the USSR speeds through a corner in the women’s luge. Koussakina placed tenth in the competition.
Canada’s Marie Claude Doyon was the top Canadian of the day placing seventh.
Brian Orser of Canada dazzles the crowd to win the men’s short program.
The 'Battle of the Brians' was in full stride as Brian Boitano finished second in the short program.
A Canadian ice hockey fan shows his support during the game between Canada and Finland.
***Images Courtesy of The City of Calgary, Corporate Records, Archives