The carts, which are similar to the blue recycling carts, will be used for regular household garbage instead of bags and cans. There is no additional cost for Black Cart Garbage service.
Please join us for a chat with Black Cart Program Leader Paula Magdich.
She will be free from 11:30 a.m. till noon to answer your questions.
Cart deliveries will continue in the southeast quadrant over the next four weeks, followed by the northeast in November. Northwest and southwest neighbourhoods will receive carts between April and June, 2011.
Reusing and recycling old garbage cans
The City is encouraging residents to reuse or recycle old cans. As a last option old cans will be collected as garbage if they are clearly marked for disposal. Please visit our Hey Calgary, what’s the plan for your old garbage can? Facebook page.
Related Calgary City News Blog Posts:
- The City of Calgary rolls out Black Cart
- City announces the launch of Black Cart Garbage Collection
- Garbage collection gets an overhaul
- A Tour of Calgary's Blue Cart Recycling Sorting Facility
- Blue Cart Recycling Update
- Blue cart and Christmas tree pick-up celebrate their first holiday season
- Examining the efficiency of The City’s garbage & recycling collection
- A good place for bad stuff: the Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off Program