On January 22 Calgarians will have the chance to pick up a great deal on a Home Energy Savings Kit and learn simple ways to save energy and money around their homes.
The kits will be on sale at RONA locations, while supplies last, across Calgary for one day only and while supplies last. Calgarians can also bring in their utility bills for free advice on how to reduce household energy consumption even further.
“The City aims to walk the talk when it comes to reducing energy use,” says Linda Harvey, team lead for Environmental and Safety Management. “We are proud of the actions we take to reduce energy consumption, both as a corporation and in the community.”
Each kit costs $39.99 (valued at $250) and contains:
- A programmable thermostat OR 2 programmable power bars
- Low flow shower head
- LED night light
- Outlet insulators
- 8 Compact fluorescent light bulbs
- $40 off furnace service with ENMAX Energy homeservices
- $50 off duct cleaning with ENMAX Energy homeservices
- $100 off an initial home energy assessment with ATCO Energy Sense
- When all components of the kit are installed, an average household could save up to $150 to $175 per year
Twenty percent of our energy use happens at home, making our homes a significant contributor to greenhouse gas emissions. Saving energy around the home helps save money and protects the environment.
What: Home Energy Savings Kit Sale
Date: Saturday, January 22, 2011
Time: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: 5 RONA Calgary locations:
- 9630 Macleod Trail
- 90 Crowfoot Way N.W.
- 12330 Symons Valley Road N.W.
- 2665 – 32nd Street N.E.
- 300 Stewart Green S.W.
For more information please visit calgary.ca/saveenergy
Related Calgary City News Blog posts: