***This App is now available for Android and Blackberry phones.
The City of Calgary is launching a new iPhone app to help citizens stay informed of, and provide input for the upcoming budget cycle.
The City’s 2012-2014 business plan and budget coordination process is being called Our City. Our Budget. Our Future. and is an opportunity for Calgarians to participate by providing input to help set priorities, review services and help direct the spending of public dollars.
“This mobile app will connect you directly to the social media, discussion boards, and other information about the budget process,” says Whitney Smithers, manager of the budget planning process.
People can download the Calgary Business Plan & Budget app for free from iTunes. Once downloadedusers can complete surveys, fill-in questionnaires, rate City services that are important to them and propose priorities for budget spending.
“This will allow participants to take part in this public engagement process any time, anywhere,” says Smithers.
The Calgary Business Plan & Budget app can be downloaded for free from iTunes. For more information, please visit calgary.ca/ourfuture.
A BlackBerry and Android version will be available soon.
Related Calgary City News Blog posts:
- Calgary Business Plan & Budget App Launched (updated)
- Budget Public Engagement: Phase 2 - Focus on City services
- Our City. Our Budget. Our Future. - Public Engagement Launched
- Public Engagement Process for Business Planning Announced
- City Council Approves 2011 Business Plan and Budget Adjustments
- 2011 Budget Adjustment Questions Addressed
- Transit Budget Questions Answered
- City Administration releases proposed adjustments to 2011 Business Plans and Budgets
- City of Calgary CFO and Calgary Fire Chief Discuss 2011 Budget
- City of Calgary receives distinguished budget award
- City Council approves 2010 - 2011 Business Plan and Budget Adjustments