Today marks the launch of the final phase of The City’s budget engagement and facilitated City services review process – Our City. Our Budget. Our Future. The three weeks of the final phase focus on making choices that matter. From now until May 27, citizens can provide their input on their priorities for spending, and suggest how they would spend the City budget to create the Calgary they want to live in.
There are two ways for citizens to participate:
- Budget Simulator tool - The budget simulator provides information about City services and budgets, and gathers input, suggestions and priorities from participants by simulating some of the difficult decisions Council and Administration face when deciding how to allocate financial resources. Participants can see how their choices may impact City budgets.
- Community Conversations - For a more personal, discussion-based format, citizens can drop-in to a community conversation, where they can make their choices on a budget worksheet after considering information at a series of stations about City services.
For more information about Our City. Our Budget. Our Future., please visit calgary.ca/ourfuture
Related Calgary City News Blog posts:
- Calgary Business Plan & Budget App Launched
- Budget Public Engagement: Phase 2 - Focus on City services
- Our City. Our Budget. Our Future. - Public Engagement Launched
- Public Engagement Process for Business Planning Announced
- City Council Approves 2011 Business Plan and Budget Adjustments
- 2011 Budget Adjustment Questions Addressed
- Transit Budget Questions Answered
- City Administration releases proposed adjustments to 2011 Business Plans and Budgets
- City of Calgary CFO and Calgary Fire Chief Discuss 2011 Budget
- City of Calgary receives distinguished budget award
- City Council approves 2010 - 2011 Business Plan and Budget Adjustments