Canada Day festivities starts off at noon at Prince’s Island Park and ends at Olympic Plaza with Fireworks and talented acts - all free family events.
There is an array of musicians playing this year, including the Random Task Collective starting at 3:15 p.m. They’ve been around since 2008 and are on their second album,. RTC has made a stint at the Juno’s, are veterans of Calgary’s Sled Island and founded the Collective Concert Series in 2008, a nationally recognized live performance series which presents other all-ages acts in the city of Calgary. With a “nerdy rock-funk” sound, they appeal to all ages.
On the Family Stage, Wagonstage will be performing The Adventures of Don Marcos Sebastian Guevara Fantastico at 12:15 p.m.. Mad Science will bring fun to learning
with a hands-on, theatrical performance that introduces children to the world of discovery. Flyin’ Bob will close the family stage; he is always up for a challenge from the audience.
Jill Barber will be the closing act at Prince’s Island Park on the ENMAX Main Stage from 5-6 p.m. Her beautiful voice, will captivate your attention and be a perfect ending to a day of fun activities for all ages. As always there will be fun crafts, temporary tattoos, Canada swag, and some great performances. Afterwards, the festivities move to Olympic Plaza where many great artists will help revellers kick off the fireworks. Click here to see all of the amazing entertainers you will not want to miss.
Visit calgary.ca for more Calgary Canada Day information.
Prince’s Island Park 12 noon – 6 p.m.
- 3 stages (ENMAX Main Stage, Dominion Stage, and Family Stage)
- ENMAX Main Stage and Dominion Stage feature local and regional emerging and established performers
- Family stage offering Children’s Theatre, comedy, magic and more!
- A variety of Food & Merchandise vendors
- Craft and temporary tattoo tents for kids
- Climbing walls
- YTV W.O.W. area with inflatable games
- Activities like Martial Arts demonstrations and displays from Calgary Public Library
- Prince’s Island Park Playground
Olympic Plaza 7:30 p.m. – 11:30 pm
- Roving performers
- Colourful chalk provided to do your own art on the pool pad
- Food and Merchandise Vendors onsite
- Great live music featuring: Caravan, Leeroy Stagger, and Jim Byrnes with The Sojourners
- Fantastic Fireworks display from approximately 10:45-11 pm (weather permitting)