The City of Calgary is conducting a series of public information sessions on the regulations and policies applicable to digital and third party advertising signs, including billboards.
Attendees will be invited to provide comments and feedback for potential bylaw changes as part of an overall review of the provisions in Land Use Bylaw 1P2007 pertaining to the regulation of third party advertising signs (billboards) and digital signs on private property.
This review is to accommodate and manage regulations (i.e. placement, appearance, operation) of these types of signs. Sign rules and policies are intended to take into account, among other things, the safety and aesthetic impact of signs on communities, and it is the development permit process that is used to evaluate the appropriateness of proposed signs.
Information sessions are taking place as follows:
- Thursday, July 21, 7 p.m., Calgary Marlborough CA (636 Marlborough Way NE)
- Monday, July 25, 7 p.m., Banff Trail CA (2115 20 Ave NW)
- Tuesday, July 26, 7 p.m., Inglewood CA (1740 24 Ave SE)
- Wednesday, July 27, 7 p.m., Killarney/Glengarry CA (2828 28 St SW)
The program for each session is:
- 7 - 7:30 p.m. – presentation
- 7:30 – 9 p.m. – open house Q&A opportunity