| Unfocused shot of Downtown Calgary.|
Submitted by YYCPhoto contributor, Martha Edwards.
We're asking photographers - both beginners, hobbyists and pro-shooters - to join the YYCPhoto Flickr group and submit their best Calgary images.
To kick it all off, we’re offering a $500 The Camera Store gift card to one lucky participant.
Here's how you enter the YYCPhoto contest:
- Join the YYCPhoto Flickr group. If you're not currently using Flickr, you can sign up for free with a Google or Yahoo account.
- Submit your photos to the YYCPhoto Flickr pool by clicking on the "add photos" link at the top.
- Each photo you submit automatically gets you one entry to the contest. So, if you submit 10 photos, you get 10 entries.
- We'll publish the photos that showcase Calgary's scenery or landmarks (no recognizable faces please). Please geo-tag the photos if possible, so people know what the shot is.
- That's it! The contest closes at midnight on Canada Day (July 1st) and a winner will be drawn on July 3rd at noon.
- We'll contact the winner by Flickr mail - if we don't hear back within one week, we'll draw another name.
For more information and rules about the YYCPhoto contest, please visit calgary.ca/yycphoto or our YYCPhoto Flickr group.
Enjoy shooting and sharing!