- Continuous customer service improvement
- Capital infrastructure planning for the growth of the bus and LRT networks
- A fiscal strategy to sustainably manage the costs and revenues of the system
- Organizational structure and governance of Calgary Transit
- Operational service delivery objectives such as service frequency and reliability
RouteAhead will build upon the existing Calgary Transportation Plan (CTP) and will explore new ways to better serve Transit customers. It will also discuss what is working well and what requires additional support.
“This is a great opportunity to open up the dialogue between citizens and Calgary Transit to understand how we can provide better transit for Calgarians,” said Doug Morgan, project lead for RouteAhead.
The RouteAhead plan will be developed in two steps. The first step will be to listen to and understand the views of customers and citizens. The project team will also research best practices from other cities to also explore different approaches to service delivery.
The second part of the project is to develop the long-term plan for transit based on the results of public engagement and research including existing data from surveys of Calgarians.
“This is our chance to create a long-term vision for our transit system,” said Alderman Diane Colley-Urquhart, another steering committee member. “I look forward to hearing from Calgarians about the amazing system we will build together.”
Visit www.routeahead.ca for updates on the strategic plan’s progress as well as information on upcoming public events.