Light Up the City is a city-wide fireworks show celebrating the Stampede Centennial.
Five simultaneous international scale firework displays will light up the Calgary sky simultaneously, making it an event that you can celebrate in your own backyard as well as the largest and most sophisticated firework event ever produced in Canada.
Set your sights for Stampede Park, Elliston Park, North Glenmore Park, McCall Lake and/or Winsport’s Canada Olympic Park on both weekends of the Calgary Stampede: July 6-8 and July 13-15.
The fireworks show will last 12 minutes, starting between 11 and 11:30 p.m. and is choreographed to music being broadcast by Country 105, Q107 and QR77.
All viewing locations are outdoor facilities with grass seating only, so bring a blanket or lawn chair. Dress for the weather, remember your bug spray and watch the city sky light up like never before for the 100 year anniversary of the greatest outdoor show on earth.
City of Calgary viewing locations:
- Open at 9:45pm for public access
- Shuttle buses from Deerfoot Mall
- Calgary Transit bus routes #32, #72 and #73 will operate on a normal schedule
- Limited handicap parking available on site at McCall Lake
- Shuttle buses from Calgary Fire Training Site, Forest Lawn High School and Ernest Morrow School
- Calgary Transit bus routes #45 will operate on a normal schedule
- No parking on site
- Shuttle buses from Oakridge Co-op
- Calgary Transit bus routes #79 and#80 will operate on a normal schedule
- Limited handicap parking available on site
Check out Light Up the City's official website for more information and additional viewing locations.