On Dec. 13, 2012, Craig Hardy was surprised by Mayor Nenshi and Transit officials while riding on the Number 1 Bus, as Calgary Transit's 100 millionth passenger of 2012.
To celebrate and honour this milestone in Calgary Transit's 103 year history, Craig received a one-year Transit pass.
- Calgary Transit has experienced a steady rise in ridership since 2002.
- In the last 10 years, ridership on Calgary Transit has risen by 34 per cent.
- 2011 year-end ridership was 96.2 million.
- Calgary Transit is experiencing a six per cent ridership increase this year over 2011.
- 2012 projected ridership was 96.9 million. Expect by year end to reach 102 million.