There are three design concepts for the new cemetery and The City wants your feedback and answers to these questions (and a few more):
- What does a cemetery mean to you?
- What are your needs and wants are with respect to the new cemetery?
- What types of services, features, amenities, and other things should be offered at the new cemetery?
- How should social, cultural or religious activities be accommodated at the new cemetery?
- What other activities besides interment and memorialization might you support at this site?
The open house will be held from 5 – 8 p.m. in the Blue Heron Room at Ralph Klein Park, 12350 84th Street S.E. A brief presentation and short question and answer period is scheduled on the hour at 5 p.m., 6 p.m. and 7 p.m.
The new cemetery will be situated to the east of Ralph Klein Park in the southeast quadrant of Calgary. For more information about the new City cemetery, please visit http://calgary.ca/secemetery.
For those not able to attend the open house, an online survey will be available at http://calgary.ca/secemetery for people to provide their input and feedback on the design of the new cemetery. The survey will be open May 1 to June 1, 2014.