• $10 discount on admission (Zoo non-members, first 500)
• Or a child-sized ice cream voucher (Zoo members)
• Two-for-one Calgary Zoo pass to use on their next visit
“We want to get families out riding and sometimes having a great destination such as the Calgary Zoo, is the incentive enough for a family to try pedalling together”, says Katherine Glowacz, an Active Transportation Education Planner with The City of Calgary.
Families looking for a shorter ride can use Park n’ Bike locations a 20, 30 or 60 minute ride from the Calgary Zoo.
If you are riding together as a family for the first time or if it has been awhile, consider the following tips to ensure a fun and safe ride:
- Check your bike before you go. Make sure you have air in your tires, your brakes work and the chain is secure. Consider getting a tune-up before June 29.
- Remember to wear a helmet and other safety equipment.
- Follow the rules of the road and pathway.
- Plan your trip, find your route and pack sunscreen, water and snacks in a backpack or bike pannier.
- Find more family friendly cycling tips here.
Complimentary staffed bike valet parking will be located at Calgary Zoo’s North entrance and signs along the pathways bordering the Calgary Zoo will guide riders to the bike parking. Visit The City of Calgary Bike Month webpage at calgary.ca/bikemonth to learn more.