Thursday, September 11, 2014

Restoring your home’s electricity

Has power been restored to your neighbourhood after this week’s storm, but you still don’t have electricity?

Your ‘service masthead’ may have been damaged. This is the part of the electrical connection on your house that connects to the main overhead power lines.

If your home’s service masthead is damaged, you will need to hire a qualified electrician to make electrical repairs to your home before ENMAX can restore power.

You can use the local listings or get a referral to find an electrician and make sure they have a City of Calgary business license (contact 311 to verify), who will obtain electrical permits on your behalf.

The City works closely with ENMAX to restore power to residential communities as quickly as possible. A qualified electrician can pull permits without delaying repairs to your property by applying online before work begins or the following business day.

Visit for more information on restoring your home’s electricity.

1 comment:

  1. You enmax people are really slow in telling people that you're going to do nothing to restore power to a house that lost power due to a tree falling on the power line... Why did you not tell me this when I called in and have been waiting for your utility to come fix the wire to my house at the pole? Why do you wait until Friday night night to tell everybody it's their problem, and it's now too late to get an electrician until Monday?
    Then he'll pull permits and get it fixed by Tuesday?
    Enmax = Idiots