- Have your tree out by 7 a.m. on Friday, Jan. 9 and leave it out since different collection crews pick up trees than your regular garbage collection. Trees will be picked up within three weeks.
Check out our status page to find out when we've finished collecting trees in your community.
- Remove all lights, ornaments, tinsel, string and tree stands.
- Do not wrap or bag your tree.
- Place your tree near where you have your garbage collected. To help out your collector, make sure the tree isn't blocking access to your blue or black carts.
You can also bring your tree to any of the eight temporary drop-off locations. They are open from Dec. 26 – Jan. 31.
- Bowness Fire Station, #15 6328 35 Avenue N.W.
- Prairie Winds Park, 223 Castleridge Boulevard N.E.
- Bottomlands Park, St. George’s Drive and 7 Avenue N.E.
- Marda Loop Communities Association, 3130 16 Street S.W.
- Parks Compound, 10312 Sacramento Drive S.W.
- Spyhill Landfill, 69 Street and 112 Avenue N.W.
- East Calgary Landfill, 17 Avenue and 68 Street S.E.
- Shepard Landfill, 114 Avenue and 68 Street S.E.
For landfill hours and program information, visit Calgary.ca/waste. Landfills are closed on Sundays.