Do you prefer to save up throughout the year and pay your taxes in one lump sum? Or would you rather budget on a monthly basis? The Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) is a valuable program that helps make budgeting a little bit easier.
TIPP enables homeowners to pay property taxes monthly instead of making a single payment in June. Plus, it helps avoid the risk of paying a 7% penalty if you have not paid your property taxes by the June 28 deadline.
It’s simple to join TIPP and you can join at any time. If you’re interested in signing up for the payment plan you can do so by following the steps below:
- Visit Calgary.ca/TIPP to request an application
- Click the ‘Request an application to join’ link
- Click the ‘Tax Installment Payment Plan application request’ button
- Enter your home address, then add other key pieces of information by following the prompts
- Add additional comments if required, or click ‘next step’ to review and submit your request
An application specific to your property will be emailed to you within 7 business days. Follow the instructions in the email, choose your preferred method to submit and you are set!
For more information about TIPP, and other payment options visit Calgary.ca/propertytax.
Find out what other city services are easily available online at Calgary.ca/311.