The City is working hard to help get families and businesses back into their properties as safely and quickly as possible. As Calgarians recover from the 2013 flood, The City can answer your questions regarding what permits and inspections are required to repair, rebuild or even demolish your property. In addition, we can provide further clarity regarding meeting the Alberta Government’s flood mitigation measures.
We encourage Calgarians to learn more by calling or visiting:
- Planning Services Center, 3rd floor Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Trail S.E. 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The City has outlined permit and inspection requirements for home owners, businesses and multi-residential buildings available online or in person at the Planning Services Counter.
- We continue to prioritize flood-related permits and inspections for Calgarians impacted by the 2013 flood
- We offer free pre-application meetings for Calgarians considering rebuilding their homes. Having your plans reviewed prior to applying for a permit, or discussing proposed changes to your home our business, can identify potential issues, and reduce delays. Contact the Planning Service Centre to set up an appointment.
- Business owners impacted by flooding can call 311 for a free Flood Assessment inspection. A team of Safety Code officers will visit your property to address the level of repairs and permit required to help you get back in business.