To ensure the plan meets community needs, Eau Claire residents, visitors, businesses and park users are invited to share their thoughts on how the area can be improved. Providing input is easy using the mapping tool or survey on our website at calgary.ca/westeauclaire.
Your input will be used to finalize the overall design direction for the area:
- In August, we are asking for initial input and ideas for area redevelopment that will be used to help create some of the design concepts. You can provide input:
- At our sounding board (wood structure) in West Eau Claire Park near the Peace Bridge;
- Online using our mapping tool or by taking our survey;
- Or in person at the site, as we talk to users and visitors (dates and times to be determined).
- In September, we will continue to analyze site issues opportunities and the ideas we receive from our various input methods. We will meet with area stakeholders while we explore design ideas for what the area can become.
- In October, we will present concepts at a public open house on the types of spaces, activities, and amenities that could be used to improve the area (dates and times will be determined closer to the day).
- In late November/early December, we will present a draft plan for the area. We will check in with you to ensure the design is consistent with the direction you provided in October.
For all engagement activities, we will clearly identify how your input was considered and what elements are considered “out of scope” for change.
Visit calgary.ca/westeauclaire for more information. Once dates are confirmed for all in-person engagement opportunities, they will be posted on the project web page.