• Dance to live DJs courtesy of the BassBus
• Rock out during performances from Alberta bands, The Wet Secrets and Viet Cong
• Make your own noise at the Instrument Petting Zoo or on the Street Piano
• Be dazzled by a state-of-the-art projection light show from Beama Visual Environments
• Get crafty at the Arts Studio Interactive featuring a potter’s wheel, painting easel and life drawing
• Learn about historic photo-making processes, and get a free photo at the Tintype photographic workshop with Rainika Photo Grafik
• Cheer on the Open Streets bike power bar from Pedal Powered Lights
• Tickle the funny bone with cheeky operatic interpretations during a Cowtown Opera Company performance
• Let the creative juices flow at the EMMedia VJ Demo Station
• Listen to wild storytelling and poetry courtesy of the Alberta League of Encouraging Storytelling
• Sip a beverage and grab a snack on the patios along Stephen Avenue Walk
• And more to be announced!
And the fun doesn't end there! The 7th Annual Alberta Culture Days will feature thousands of free, family-friendly events running throughout the weekend of September 26 to 28. Alberta Culture Days was started to recognize all that Alberta has to offer in the way of arts and culture and last year more than 1,450 events were held in communities across the province.
Visit www.albertaculturedays.ca to learn more or download the Alberta Culture Calendar app from the Apple App Store to find events throughout the province. Stay informed on more party plans and during Alberta Culture Days by following @AlbertaCulture on Twitter, like the Alberta Culture Days Facebook page or join our event on Facebook.
Submitted by Jennifer Storm, Arts and Culture, Recreation