To stay on the “Nice” list, here’s a quick guide to help with the holiday clean up.
Always Nice – put these items in your blue cart
Always Naughty – keep these items out of your blue cart
| || |
Top three holiday recycling reminders
1. Recyclables need to be loose in your blue cart, not in bags.
If you use bags to collect all the wrapping paper and boxes, remember to empty the contents of the bags into the blue cart. Recyclables need to be loose so they can be sorted by the machines at the recycling facility.
2. Not sure if an item can be recycled? Check out whatgoeswhere.ca
What Goes Where? is an online search tool that provides donation, recycling and disposal options for your holiday items.
3. Is your blue cart full? Your options for extra recyclables:
- Break down boxes to make the best use of every square inch of space inside your cart.
- Consider hanging on to your extra recyclables for next week’s collection when you have more space in your cart.
- Bring them to a nearby community recycling depot. Keep in mind that our depots fill up quickly during the holiday season, so it’s best to take note of a couple locations in case one is full.