The Memorial, coordinated by The Calgary Highlanders, is a tribute to the sacrifice and service that soldiers serving with Calgary’s Army Reserve Regiments have made in World War 1, World War 2 and Afghanistan. The names of over 3,000 soldiers who have died fighting or their country are listed on large stone tablets with the Cap Badge of the units shown at the top.
More information on the Memorial Drive Landscape of Memory can be found on the Parks website at calgary.ca/parks.
Related Calgary City News Blog posts:
- Memorial Drive's Poppy Plaza coming along
- Remembrance crosses and Stars of David line Memorial Drive
- Central Memorial Park officially re-opened
- Memorial to Calgary’s fallen soldiers breaks ground
- Memorial Drive Lane Reversal Information
- City Transportation Infrastructure projects win awards
- Winners of Mayor's Urban Design Awards Announced