Friday, June 3, 2011

City responds to postal strike

Because the Canadian Union of Postal Workers exercised their right to strike as of Thursday, June 2 at 11:59 p.m., The City of Calgary is working to ensure the continuity of customer service and business operations. Information is being provided to citizens about alternate existing forms of payment for any City related bills and The City has put into action plans to continue to deliver materials to citizens without the services of Canada Post.

Payments (General): Normal payment deadlines apply.
Payments to The City for utility bills, property and business taxes, animal licenses, parking tickets, and corporate invoices can be made at most banks and financial institutions – in person or through the banks’ online or telephone banking systems.

Payments for utility bills, property and business taxes, animal licences, seniors bus passes, parking tickets, and other accounts payable can be made at The City of Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Tr. S.E.:

-     In person, at The City’s cashier on the third floor from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (cash, cheque or Interac only).
-     Dropped off at The City’s “drop box” on the third floor, available 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays.
-     Placed in the 24-hour payment depository on the outside wall of the Municipal Building on Third Street S.E.
-     Delivered by courier – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday, at the Tax Customer Service Centre, third floor, Calgary Municipal Building only.
-Seniors bus passes can also be paid for at Transit Customer Service Centre, 224 – 7 Ave S.W., 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday

Property tax payment – deadline June 30, 2011:
Property tax bills were mailed on May 20 to property owners and are due June 30. The City of Calgary will not waive late payment penalties if a disruption in postal service delays your property tax payment. To avoid a 7% late payment penalty, it is strongly recommended you use another method of payment (see above) by the due date. Direct property and business tax inquiries to 3-1-1 or visit

Property and Business Assessment - Request for Information forms:
If you received a notification requesting information about your property or business assessment, you can return the form to the Assessment business unit by faxing 403-268-8278 or, to make alternative arrangements for returning this necessary information, call 403-268-2888.  

Payment of animal licences:
In addition to the above payment methods:
-     Visit Animal Services, 2201 Portland St. S.E., Monday to Friday 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cheque, cash, debit or credit card.
-     Submit payments online at

Utility bill inquiries (ENMAX, Water Services and Waste & Recycling Services):
For all utility account inquiries, including your current account balance, payment due date, and amount and day of last payment, visit or contact the ENMAX Customer Care Centre at 403-310-2010 for self-serve options. Please have your account number available.

Copies of utility bills:
Customers can sign up for e-post at to receive electronic copies of their utility bill or, to request a paper copy, visit The City’s cashier on the third floor of the Calgary Municipal Building, 800 Macleod Tr. S.E., from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday .

Public Hearing submissions:
Citizen submissions concerning a matter being discussed at a Public Hearing may be hand delivered or couriered to 700 MacLeod Trail S.E., faxed to 403-268-2362, or emailed to

Quasi-Judicial Board submissions:
Submissions to the Assessment Review Board can be made in person or by courier between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday at 4th Floor, 1212 – 31 Ave. N.E ., faxed to 403-277-8421 or emailed to Remember to also deliver your evidence to the Assessment Department at 2924 – 11 St. N.E., fax to 403-268-3294 or email to Submissions to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board and the Licence and Community Standards Appeal Board can be made at 1212 – 31 Ave. N.E ., faxed to 403-268-5982, or emailed to or

Information about how and where to make payments is available above and on the website. Many City services can be accessed in person at the appropriate City customer service counter, or by using phone, fax, email or courier.  

No comments:

Post a Comment