A selection committee for the award is formed every year, consisting of Dow AgroSciences and IVM industry representatives, who evaluate nominees based on their performance in:
- following professional and ethical principles
- preserving and improving the environment
- supporting industry stewardship initiatives
- leading peers in the adoption or creation of industry initiatives
- actively involvement with industry associations and organizations
This award is based on the development and implementation of a regional early detection rapid response (EDRR) system that enables all partners to share information regarding the detection and location of new species in the region. This information facilitates effective and rapid management of these species thereby enhancing environmental protection and reducing long term control costs.
The Calgary and Area Intergovernmental Weed Committe is a multi governmental partnership that includes members from The City of Calgary, Government of Alberta, regional municipal districts (Foothills, Rockyview, Bighorn and Wheatland) and other regional municipalities (Airdrie, Cochrane, Okotoks, and Canmore) and the federal government (CFIA).
For more information visit the Invasive plant prevention and management webpage on calgary.ca.