The City of Calgary is dedicated to the safety, quality and reliability of our drinking water, and Calgarians are fortunate to have access to high quality water right out of the tap.
But worldwide, more than one in six people do not have access to safe drinking water. To recognize World Water Day today, we are asking Calgarians to take one new step in reducing their water use.
That could mean:
- Checking your toilets for leaks
- Fixing a dripping tap
- Running full loads in the washing machine or dishwasher
- Making sure your water softener doesn’t flush more often than needed
- Checking your water meter and bill to track your water usage
- Defrosting your food in the refrigerator instead of in a pan of water
To learn more about the City of Calgary’s actions to protect public health and our rivers, as well as everyday opportunities for Calgarians to help conserve and preserve our water resources, check out the 2011 WaterReport, available on Calgary.ca and in hard copy by calling 3-1-1.