Cycle your way down to the Stampede grounds using the city centre cycle track network or ride along part of Calgary's 800 kms of pathways and bikeways.
From July 1 - 17 there is a daily cycling restriction on Stephen Avenue from 10:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. If you are riding your bike, please dismount and walk it during this time.
24 Hour CTrain Service
Effective tonight, 'round the clock CTrain service and discounted day passes will be available for Stampede week.
CTrain Schedule during Stampede:
- Every 5 - 8 min. - 6:00 a.m. to 12:45 a.m.
- Every 30 min. - 12:45 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
There will be a number of road closures to accommodate events all over the city during the Calgary Stampede (July 8-17).
Road and parking impacts on parade day will include several parking lot closures. Spectators travelling to the Stampede Parade are encouraged to walk, bike or use transit to get into the downtown core.
Taking transit to the parade
During the parade about 350,000 float-fanatics line the 4.5 km parade route, so many downtown transit routes will be on detour. Road closures and bus route detours become effective at 7:30 a.m.and end around 12 p.m.
Find a comprehensive list of bus detours and info on how to take transit to the parade on Calgary Transit's website.
Viewing the parade
The City has reserved and will monitor eight accessible Stampede Parade viewing zones along the parade route for people with mobility challenges (canes, walkers, wheelchairs, scooters) and their friends/families.
Space is limited, so get there early! Look for barricades and signs. If space remains in the viewing areas after 8 a.m., they will be opened up to the public on a first-come, first-served basis.
THE CITY IN ACTION
City staff collaborate across many departments to ensure the event flows smoothly and safely:
- Parking and traffic control will be coordinated by the Calgary Parking Authority (CPA), Roads, Calgary Police Service (CPS) and Animal & Bylaw Services (ABS).
- Calgary Emergency Management Agency will open the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) and activate the Municipal Emergency Plan during the Stampede Parade to monitor and assist as required.
- CPS have collocated their Tactical Operations Centre in the EOC. This will help to ensure the facilitation of a collaborative, coordinated and multi stakeholder response.
- Fire, ABS and CPS officers will be onsite and in communication for the duration of the Parade for immediate response.
Other Useful Info